1. General information
Who is responsible for the management and handling of your personal data?
Mon Éclat is the owner of the website located under the domain name www.moneclat.com (the "website") with the address of Apartment 1, Giovanna Court, Triq N. Cottoner, Lija, Malta, with email contact email@example.com.
Additionally, some of our services are offered through third-parties, such as the payment gateway services. Kindly note that these third-parties are solely responsible for their privacy policies and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as any and all agreements or other obligations that they might have. Therefore you should look at the privacy statement applicable to the third-party websites in question.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. It is your duty to keep yourself up to date and to check this page from time to time.
2. What is the purpose of data collection at Mon Éclat? How do you give consent? And how is your personal data treated?
In accordance with current laws and regulations, Mon Éclat informs users that the data they provide through the website will be incorporated into an digital file duly registered with the Maltese agency for data protection for which Mon Éclat is responsible. By ticking the personal details box during registration stage, users are totally accepting that their personal data be processed by the provider for the following purposes:
- Respond to queries, provide the information required by the user.
- To be able to carry out the sales operation desired by the user.
- Forward the company newsletter on the website.
- Remission of commercial advertising communications by email related to products or services offered by the provider, as well as by collaborators or partners with whom it has reached a commercial promotion agreement among its customers. In this case, third parties will never have access to personal data. In all cases, commercial communications will be made by the provider and will concern products and services related to the provider’s sector.
- Carry out statistical studies and user profile studies in order to send them, by electronic and telephone means (including alerts by sms, or other similar messaging means) personalized commercial information that may be of interest to them related to products and services offered by Mon Éclat as long as they have previously given their consent. This also includes offers to participate in satisfaction surveys.
Users must notify Mon Éclat of any modifications that occur in the data provided, being responsible in all cases for the legitimacy and accuracy of the data provided at all times. Mon Éclat will endeavor to diligently verify the legitimacy of said data, reserving the right, where appropriate and without prejudice to take actions such as, the right not to register or to cancel accounts of those users who provide false or incomplete data. Following the previous statement, this in no case implies the assumption by Mon Éclat of any responsibility for any damages that may arise from the falsity or inaccuracy of the data provided, for which only the user will be fully responsible.
Mon Éclat guarantees they have adopted the legally required levels of security for the protection of personal data and has installed all the technical, personal and organizational means and measures at their disposal to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, and quality of information, as well as to avoid the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of the personal data provided.
3. Third-party services
We share information, including personal information, with our third-party service providers that we use to provide hosting for and maintenance of our website, application development, backup, storage, payment processing, analytics and other services as required. These third-party service providers may have access to or process your personal information for the purpose of providing these services for us. We do not permit our third-party service providers to use the personal information that we share with them for their marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities. We may disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may also share such information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
The website may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas”). You should be aware that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. To request removal of your personal information from an Interactive Area, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
International Transfer of Information Collected
If you are visiting our website from the EEA or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal information also to the United States and to all other jurisdictions with which we operate. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
To provide the necessary services for the development of our activity, we use the following service providers under their corresponding privacy conditions. They will only have access to the necessary data to carry out their activity, and they will not be able to use the information for any other purpose.
Email delivery provider: Gsuite
Email marketing provider: mailchimp
What are cookies?
Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, smartphone, tablet, or connected television when accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment, and depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user.
The user's browser memorizes cookies on the hard disk only during the current session, occupying a minimum memory space and not harming the computer. Cookies do not contain any kind of specific personal information, and most of them are deleted from the hard drive at the end of the browser session (so-called cookies session).
Most browsers accept cookies as standard and, independently of them, allow or prevent temporary or memorized cookies in security settings. Cookies are useful for various reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow web pages to work more quickly and adapt to your preferences, such as storing your language or the currency of your country. In addition, they help those responsible for websites to improve the services they offer, thanks to the statistical information they collect, and they serve to make the advertising we show you more efficient.
What use do we give to the different types of cookies?
- Session cookies: session cookies are those that last as long as the user is browsing the website and are deleted at the end.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies are stored in the user's terminal for a longer time, thus facilitating the control of the chosen preferences without having to repeat certain parameters each time the website is visited.
- Own cookies: these are cookies created by this website and can only be read by the site itself. For example: technical cookies for uploading images, cookies for personalizing web parameters, traffic analysis cookies, etc.
- Third-party cookies: these are cookies created by third parties and that we use for different services (eg website analysis or advertising) according to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: technical cookies are those essential and strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a web portal and the use of the different options and services it offers. For example, those that serve to maintain the session, manage response time, performance or validation of options, use security elements, share content with social networks, etc.
- Personalization cookies: these cookies allow the user to specify or personalize some characteristics of the general options on the website. For example, to define the language, regional settings, or browser type.
- Analytical cookies: analytical cookies are those used by our web portal, to prepare browsing profiles and to be able to know the preferences of its users in order to improve the offer of products and services. For example, an analytical cookie would control the geographic areas of greatest interest to a user, which product is the most accepted, etc.
- Advertising cookies: advertising cookies allow the management of advertising spaces based on specific criteria. For example, the frequency of access, the edited content, etc. Advertising cookies allow through the management of advertising to store behavioral information through the observation of habits, studying the access, and forming a profile of user preferences.
What cookies are used on this website?
Social network cookies, which can be stored on your computer, for example, when you use the button to share content on this website with any social network. The companies that generate these cookies have their own cookie policies:
The cookies on this website help to:
- Make it work properly
- Save time by not having to log in every time you access the web
- Remind you of your settings
- Improve the speed and security of the web
- Being able to share web content on social networks
- To continuously improve the website
- Show your ads based on their browsing habits on the website
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer.
When you disable the cookies, part of the website will not work or/and the quality of the website may be affected.
7. Registration of personal data
What is referred to with the term ‘data’?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) defines your data as “any information relating to an identifiable natural person”, put simply; any information about you.
Mon Éclat informs you that the personal data registered for the participation of this website entered by users will be incorporated into a file by the name of " Mon Éclat Personal Data" which holds the purpose to maintain their status as a user, as well as the regular postal and/or electronic submission by us of advertising information, to which users clearly consent.
When and how we collect user’s data?
All the information that we collect is with your knowledge that we are collecting such data, such as when you contact us through this website and give us information about you at contact us page link
What data do we collect?
We only collect specific data required which is only related to the purpose of delivering the products and services of this website.
Details and Data related to the user
- First Name / Last name
- Company Name and website name (in cases where applicable)
- Delivery address
- Email address
- Mobile number / contact number
We refer to any information described above as “User Profile Information” for the purposes of this Policy. By voluntarily providing us with Account and Profile Information, you represent that you are the owner of such personal data or otherwise have the requisite consent to provide it to us.
A third-party is used to manage credit card processing. The said third-party is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for credit card processing on our behalf. (Refer to the link below for more information on how your credit card details are stored). Link to credit card supplier data protection and data storage
How long Is your data kept on file?
Any data relating to queries and your online requests (including administration and accounts documents) is kept for 10 years from the day it is registered.
As a user of Mon Éclat, at any time you have the right to:
- access all the data and information we hold about you.
- disallow us to profile you or make any automated suggestion to you.
- be removed by us. Due to the relevant laws and regulations, some personal data must be retained by us for a stipulated time.
- request updates on any inaccurate data about your profile.
- submit a complaint on how we are making use of your data.
- data portability in its entirety.
- object to processing and to restrict processing.
You can contact us on any questions you may have about your rights on email@example.com.
We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.